| Página Principal | Recursos |

10.0 - Review "Present Continuous Tense" and "Present Tense"


do/does - is/are

Present Continuous Tense

Questions and Short Answers

Are you making for dinner tonight?Yes, I am.
No, I am not.
Is she moving this morning?Yes, she is.
No, she isn't.
Are you going to the bank?Yes, we are.
No, we aren't.
Are they going dancing tonight?Yes, they are.
No, they aren't.


Negative and Affirmative sentences


I am not making lasagna.I am making spaguetti.
She isn't moving today.She is moving on Saturday.
We aren't going to the bank.We are going to the supermarket.
They aren't going dancing tonight.They are going boeling tonight.


Present Tense

Questions and Short Answers

Do you want a shirt for Father's Day?Yes, I do.No, I don't.
Does she drive a Jeep?Yes, she does.No, she doesn't.
Do they live in a big house?Yes, they do.No, they don't.


Negative and Affirmative sentences


I don't want a shirt for father's Day.I want a new car for Father's day.
She doesn't drive a Jeep.She drives a Nissan.
They don't live in a big house.They live in a big apartment.

Practice sentences
(Answers next to the sentences in parentheses)


1. What Jack doing right now? ()

2. Where you live? ()

3. you working on your homework? ()

4. She working on her science project right now. ()

5. they usually clean their house on Saturday? ()

6. Where Barbara take yoga lessons? ()

7. Where they going after class? ()

8. What they looking for? ()

9. Where she work? I want to call her. ()

10. They going to the movies tonight. They have to study for their test. ()

11. We trying to solve the math problem but we can't. ()

12. I going to the supermarket. Can I get anything for you? ()

13. He speak Russian any more. Now he speaks English. ()

14. We going to the party tonight. We are staying home and watching a movie. ()