| Página Principal | Recursos |

1.0/6.0 - Review Units 1-6 (Answers)

Answer the following sentences.

1. Where is John? (bank) - He's in the bank.
What is he doing? (depositing money) - He's depositing money.
2. Where are the children? (park) - The children are in the park.
What are they doing? (play baseball) - They are playing baseball.
3. Where is Ms. Brown? (office) - She's in the office.
What is she doing? (work) - She's working.
4. Where are you? (College) - I'm in the College.
What are you doing? ((take a test) - I'm taking a test.
5. Where are you and Bob? (Post Office) - We are in the Post Office.
What are you doing? (get new passports) - We are getting new passports.

Use "on" or "in" to answers these questions.

1. Where are the teacher's book? (desk) - it's on the desk.
2. Where is the photograph of the family? (table) - it's on the table.
3. Where is the dog? (yard) - it's on the yard.
4. Where is the clock? (wall) - it's on the wall.
5. Where can I buy a sandwich? (cafeteria) - I can buy a sandwich in the cafeteria.
6. Sam is doing research. Where is he? (library) - He's in the library.
7. Where is the bulletin board? (hall) - It's in the hall.
8. Where are the monkeys? (zoo) - They are in the zoo.

Pick the correct "place in the house" and use "subject pronouns" for the bold words. Write complete sentence.

1. Mary is planting flowers. - She's in the yard.
2. Judy's cat is on top of the refrigerator. - it's in the kitchen.
3. The Clark and Brown families are eating. - They are in the dining room.
4. Mon and I are watching the Olympics. - We are in the living room.
5. Dad is fixing his car. - He's in the garage.
6. The toilet is leaking. - It's in the bathroom.
7. Shhh. The baby John is sleeping. - He's in the bedroom.
8. There are a lot of boxes up there. - They are in the basemant.

Tell me where to go.

1. Where can I see a zebra? - Go to the zoo.
2. Where can I read about insects? - Go to the library.
3. I think I broke my leg? I need an X-ray. - Go to the hospital.
4. Where can I buy Christmas stamps? - Go to the post office.
5. Where can I buy milk for children? - Go to the supermarket.

Write the opposites.

1. tall - short
2. new - old
3. easy - difficult
4. noisy - quiet
5. handsome - beautiful
6. small - big
7. sunny and warm - cloudy and cool
8. heavy - thin
9. young - old
10. single - married
11. cheap - expensive
12. pretty - ugly
13. little - big
14. hot and raining - cold an snowing

Use "possessive adjectives" to complete these sentences.

1. Is Paul's cat ugly? - No, his cat isn't ugly.
2. Is Patty and Bob's son old. - No, their son isn't old.
3. Are your tennis classes cheap? - No, my tennis classes isn't cheap.
4. Is Carla's homework easy? - No, her homework isn't easy.
5. Is my answer wrong? - No, your answer sn't wrong.

Use "subject pronouns" to answer the questions.

1. Is Paul's cat ugly? - No, it isn't.
2. Is Patty and Bob's son old. - No, he isn't.
3. Are your tennis classes cheap? - No, it isn't.
4. Is Tom's sister heavy? - No, she isn't.

Give short answer for the following questions. First answer "Yes" then asnwer "No".

1. Are you busy? - Yes, I am. - No, I'm not.
2. Is Fred cooking dinner? - Yes, he is. - No, he isn't.
3. Are they fixing their car? - Yes, they are. - No, they aren't.
4. Are we going shopping? - Yes, we are. - No, we aren't.
5. Am I talking too loud? - Yes, you are - No, you aren't.

Review Units 1-6