| Página Principal | Recursos |

7.0/12.0 - Review Units 7-12 (Answers)

Use there is and there are for the following questions and answers:

1. Is there a Peruvian restaurant in this neighborhood?
Yes, There is a peruvian restaurant around the corner from the Post Office.

2. Are there apartment stores near your house?
No, there are.

3. Is there a bus stop on the College compus?
No, there is a bus stop across the street from of the main entrance of college.

4. Are there any people from italy in your class?
Yes, There is one student. His name is Raffaele.

5. Are there any cockroaches in this building?
No, There aren't.

Write the plural for the following words:

1. yellow shoe - yellow shoes

2. black sweater - black sweaters

3. gold watch - gold watches

4. green dress - green dresses

5. state tax - state taxes

6. soft brush - soft brushes

7. leather belt - leather belts

8. straw hat - straw hats

9. new briefcase - new briefcases

10. one pair of pajamas - two pairs of pajamas

Use the Simple Present tense and Subject Pronouns to ask questions and give short answers:

1. (John, eat) - Does he eat at Mac Donald's after class on mondays?
No, he doesn't.

2. (Ms. Brown, like) - Does she like to sing in the choir at church?
Yes, she does.

3. (Bob and Patty, play) - Do they play tennis every day?
No, they aren't.

4. (Someone ask you, swim) - Do you swim at the beach every weekend?
No, I don't.

5. (someone ask you and your family, go) - Do you go to Orlando every year?
Yes, we are.

Use the Demonstrative Adjectives (this, that, these, those) in the following sentences:

1. Is this your car here?
No, my car is blue. That car across the street is my car.

2. Are these Judy's books here on the kitchen chair?
Yes, these are her books here.

3. Are those your books over there?
No, those aren't my books. I think those are Paul's books.

4. Is that our Final Exam in your hands?
No, this is a practical sheet.

5. Are those briefcases over there on sale?
No, but these briefcases next to me are.

6. That is very nice dress. It looks good on you.

7. These gloves cost $40.00 and they don't nice on my hands. I am not going to buy them.

8. Those children outside in the garden are learning about flowers and weeds.

9. This coffee is delicious. May I have some more?

10. How much do those shoes in the window cost? I need a new pair for the dance Friday.

Use the verb have to complete these questions and answers:

1. Do you have a pet?
Yes, I have a cat.

2. Does Tina have blue eyes?
No, she has blue eyes.

3. Do we have to study for the Final exam?
Yes, you have to study if you want to pass.

4. Do Mr. and Mrs. Smith have a big house?
Yes, They have a very big house.

5. Do you and your husband have four girls?
No, They have four boys.

6. Do I have a bug in my hair?
No, you don't have a bug in your hair.

7. Does Richard have a motorcycle?
Yes, he has a beautiful new motorcycle.

8. Their baby boy is sneezing. Does he have a cold?
No, he has allergies.

10. What does Pam have on today?
She is wearing a new pair of jeans and black sweater.

Use object pronouns (me, you, him, her, it, us, them) in the following sentences:

1. Do you think these shoes are pretty?
Yes, I like them.

2. Is this your English book?
No, that looks like it, but it isn't it.

3. What does Jane want?
She wants me to call her when I get home.

4. What do you want for Christmas?
You can get me a silver necklace.

5. What do you two want to eat?
Please, give us a moment to decide.

6. Does your new cat Princess need vaccines?
Yes, she has to get it this week.

7. Do you want me to call you after class?
No, call me around 7PM.

8. Do you want to go to the movies with Pam and me?
Yes, I want to go with you.

9. Where do you do your homework?
I do it in the Computer Courtyard.

10. Can you please give me the flight info?
I can email it to you tonight.

Fill in the blanks with: Subject Pronouns, Object Pronouns, or Possessive Adjectives:

George is a well-known psychiatrist in the city where he lives. He goes to his office everyday. He talks to many patients all day. His patients like him very much. They say that when they have problems he listens to them and helps them.

The students at the University of Hawaii are very happy. Because they is warm and sunny in Hawaii, they usually wear shorts and tee-shirts to class. They never have to wear winter clothes. They often go to the beach after class. When they have to study, they take their books and study outside. Their professors tell them that they are very lucky students!

Review 7.0/12.0< br />